I am happy to share with you a few updates regarding academic aspects in our university.
1. The annual meeting of our Board of Governors will be held from June 16 to 19. Full details here. Please try to attend relevant events, mainly the Convocation, on June 17 at 5:30 pm.
2. We witness an encouraging increase in students’ enrolment to the university. In contrast, an improvement in the scope of academic publication of our faculty has not been realized yet. The Hebrew version provides a detailed analysis of the data.
3. We have recruited close to 50 new faculty members. The details in the table provided in the Hebrew version of this letter.
4. A walking group is formed. The group meets on Tuesdays (at 8:30 p.m.) and Saturdays (21:30). For details, please contact Prof. Uzi Rebhun.
5. Israel Young Academy invites faculty members from all disciplines to a writing workshop. Details are available here.